Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

New Year, New Look, New Page

It's been a while! Although it's well into the new year of 2015, I am still fighting to honor my resolution for a healthy lifestyle. I have failed myself thus far, but I am not giving up.

Earlier today, as I prepared to go to the gym for the first time in about a month, I realized something very depressing and motivating. I am only 5'2- on a good day. So, the weight I'm supposed to be ranges on the lower half of one hundred and something. Basically, I am MORE THAN DOUBLE the size I am supposed to be. MORE THAN DOUBLE.

I could cut myself into pieces and people would think those pieces were clones instead. Like, I am equivalent to more than TWO of myself. That's no good. That's no good at all.

There is a lot going on in my life at the moment and I am working on a healthier lifestyle. That epiphany, however, has truly shaken me to the core. The core found underneath all the fat of two and  a half peoples worth.

I am not trying to sound negative. It's merely the reality of the situation and I am addressing it for the first time... ever, really. I've acknowledged my bad health and obesity before, but not like this.

Good things are happening in my life and great things are still yet to come. The world is providing me with all the happiness I can handle- a foreign but welcome feeling. I owe it to myself to live a life that allows me to embrace the huge happiness that my life has become and is becoming.

So I did some math. Mind you, I'm worse at math than I am at dieting. (Maybe that's why counting calories seems so elusive a task...) If I consistently lose 3 lbs a week starting NOW, I will be at my ideal weight, according to myself AND bmi charts, in a year. 52 weeks.

That sounds so challenging, but I find it motivating and a little bit GREAT. I don't want to suffer anymore. I am finally in a place of loving myself. I should show my body the love I feel for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment